*This post may contain affiliate links.
*I’ve compiled a list of a dozen healthy homemade gummy recipes (paleo and gluten-free) – they contain very few ingredients and use only natural sugars.
Updated: October 17, 2019
Healthy gummies? Yep! I’ve compiled a list of a dozen recipes for you (well, for your kids) from some of my favorite bloggers.
These homemade gummies are healthy because they are made with gelatin; gelatin offers tremendous health benefits. In addition, these homemade gummies contain very few ingredients and use only natural sugars.
But, before we get to the recipes, let me introduce you to an incredible super food – gelatin.
What is gelatin?
Gelatin is a protein derived from collagen. Collagen is what is extracted from boiling leftover animal carcasses. I realize that doesn’t sound appealing. However, it’s simply the broth that you are left with after boiling chicken bones (for example); it’s the base for your soups.
If you’ve eaten jello, than you’ve eaten gelatin. Gelatin is what gives jello, and gummy bears, their gel-like consistency.*
The benefits of gelatin
So what’s so great about gelatin? Well, gelatin really is a super food. It’s perhaps the greatest food for healing leaky gut syndrome, food allergies and intolerances, digestive issues, even auto-immune disorders. I know firsthand about this as I suffered with all of the above for years until I finally found relief (you can learn more about that HERE).
How does gelatin work?
The reason gelatin has such powerful, natural healing abilities is because it contains amino acids. Amino acids help to strengthen gut lining, lower inflammation and repair tissue damage.
Kids love gummies. These homemade gummies are so good for your kids. There is even a recipe that includes veggies (your kids will never know) and also a flu-busting homemade gummy recipe for your little ones. You can substitute any veggie or fruit that you like; the sky’s the limit really.
These healthy gummy recipes are very simple and quick to make as well. Your little ones can even help. The only recommendation I have for these homemade gummies is to (whenever possible) use organic, non-GMO fruit and veggies or unsweetened organic juice and grass-fed gelatin. Ok, let’s get started!
Healthy gummy recipes
- Homemade Gummy Bears (no added sugar, 10 tips for making them) – Wholesome Cook
2. Paleo Fruit Gummies (three flavors) – Bakerita
3. Lemon Raspberry Gelatin Gummies – Autoimmune Wellness
4. Homemade Fruit Veggie Gummy Snacks – Live Simply
5. AIP Paleo Blueberry Sour Gummies – What Great Grandma Ate
6. Homemade Gummy Snacks – Mommypotamus
7. Tangerine Gummies – Wellness Mama
8. Healthy Sour Watermelon Gummies – Meatified
9. Healthy Gummy Bears – The Clean Eating Couple
10. Flu-Busting Gummy Bears – Wellness Mama
11. Homemade Gummy Bears – DIY Natural
12. DIY Peaches & Cream Gummies – Keeper of the Home
I hope you found a recipe that you like in this round-up of gut-healing, healthy homemade gummy recipes. I’m sure you’re kids will love them!
*The grass-fed gelatin (that I provided a link to) is quite expensive. I just wanted to show you an example of a (quality) grass-fed gelatin. You can try your local health food store for a better price.
Please share if you know someone who would love these recipes. Thanks! 🙂
Do you make homemade gummies? Do you have a favorite recipe for homemade gummies? Share your comments below.
I wish you health and happiness,
- How to treat autoimmune disease naturally - July 4, 2020
- Acid reflux remedy and what to eat for acid reflux - June 21, 2020
- 13 Tips for toxin-free living - June 11, 2020