*This post contains affiliate links.
*Himalayan salt is the purest salt on the planet. Salt lamp benefits are numerous. Salt lamps purify the air, improve respiratory problems and more.
What is a Himalayan salt lamp?
Himalayan salt lamps are lamps that closely resemble beautiful rocks. They are made with Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt is known as the cleanest, purest (over 99% pure) salt on the planet. In addition to Celtic sea salt, Himalayan salt is a healthier choice over commercial table salt. Since commercial table salt results from a bleaching process that is highly toxic.
The benefits of Himalayan salt
In addition to salt lamp benefits, Himalayan salt has many benefits. First of all, it is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It contains over 84 minerals and trace elements.
Furthermore, as mentioned, it is an excellent substitution for commercial salt. This is because it aids digestion, it balances the body’s pH* and it promotes sleep. It is also thought to reduce (leg) cramps, maintain healthy blood sugar levels, improve nutrient absorption and more.
Salt lamp benefits
Himalayan salt lamps do not emit much light. Yet, they are very popular. The reason is because they provide many therapeutic benefits. Here are the benefits of a Himalayan salt lamp:
- Improves respiratory problems – First of all, salt lamps help to loosen and remove mucus. They can be used to treat chronic bronchitis, asthma and allergies. This is in part because they help to clean the air.
- Reduces electromagnetic radiation – Electromagnet radiation (EMR) is produced by electronics. We are overloaded by EMR these days. EMR produces positive ions which can cause fatigue, increase stress and weaken the immune system. Studies have shown that chronic exposure to EMR can cause cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, heart disease and more. Salt lamps emit negative ions (which can also be found in nature, especially around water). When negative ions are emitted into the air, they cancel out the, very harmful, positive ions.
- Improves air quality – Water molecules inside a home are polluted with mold, bacteria and allergens. However, heat from the salt lamp (as well as the salt itself) attracts the polluted water molecules. The lamp then traps the toxins from the water molecules. As a result, the water molecules are cleaned. Finally, the clean water molecules are released back into the air.
- Reduces anxiety – Negative ions reduce anxiety and encourage relaxation. Negative ions are beneficial because they are believed to increase serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical produced in the brain. It relieves stress, alleviates depression, eases anxiety and also boosts energy.
- Promote sleep – When anxiety is reduced, stress is lessened and relaxation is increased. This is a much more welcoming state of mind for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Where to purchase a Himalayan salt lamp?
You may be able to find a Himalayan salt lamp at your local Health Food Store. Otherwise, you can find one here.
*It is important to maintain a balance of acid and alkaline in the body (the body’s pH level). This is because an acidic body is more susceptible to diseases such as cancer.
*Be sure to buy a salt lamp that is made with genuine Himalayan salt. Genuine salt lamps are pink or orange. They are also fragile and they do not emit much light.
*Warning – Lumière, Basket of Rocks and Carnival of Lights are salt lamp brand names that posed a safety risk. As a result, these lamps have been recalled.
Please share if you know someone who would find this helpful. Thanks! 🙂
Do you have a Himalayan salt lamp? Have you noticed any salt lamp benefits? Share your comments below.
I wish you health and happiness,
- How to treat autoimmune disease naturally - July 4, 2020
- Acid reflux remedy and what to eat for acid reflux - June 21, 2020
- 13 Tips for toxin-free living - June 11, 2020