*This post may contain affiliate links.
This list of healthy smoothie recipes includes ten staple smoothie recipes and a list of substitutions in case you don’t have certain ingredients on hand.
Healthy smoothie recipes
Updated: July 17, 2019
There is nothing better than homemade smoothies. Typically, I make a (green) smoothie each morning. This list of healthy smoothie recipes includes 10 staple smoothie recipes, including one recipe for a green smoothie so you can finally get your feet wet! It tastes great and you can’t taste the greens at all, promise!
The perfect blender
I felt lost recently when my blender had the biscuit. After searching for a new one, I finally decided on this one. I am very happy with it. It works well, it’s not too loud and it has a metal driver (important for durability). It also has 3 blades making it extra powerful! Plus, it gets 4.5 stars on Amazon out of 73 reviews.
I suggest using frozen fruit and organic ingredients.
If you do not have certain ingredients, here are some substitutions you can try:
- ¼ – ½ coconut yogourt instead of banana if you like but usually I wouldn’t suggest adding both as it makes the smoothie too thick
- coconut milk instead of almond milk (or vice versa)
- unsweetened orange juice instead of coconut water
- ground chia seeds instead of flax (or use both)
- ¼ tsp of stevia instead of honey
- kale instead of spinach
- berries are interchangeable
- peanut butter instead of almond butter
- you can add greens to any of these
Here is the list of healthy smoothies!
1. Hawaiian – 1 1/2 c pineapple, 1 c coconut water, 1/4 c coconut yogourt, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut milk instead of coconut water and omit the coconut yogourt)
2. Green heaven – 1 c pineapple, 1 c spinach (or kale), 1 c coconut water, 1 banana, 1/3 c coconut yogourt, 1 tbsp flax (or chia), 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut milk instead of coconut water and omit the coconut yogourt)
3. Almond butter swirl – 1/2 c almond milk, ¼ c natural almond butter, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, ¼ ice. *Add 1 tbsp of cocoa for a chocolate version.
4. Sweet strawberry – 1c strawberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
5. Raspberry delight – 1c raspberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey
6. Blueberry cream – 1 c blueberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1/4 c yogourt, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey
7. Triple berry – ½ c strawberries, ½ c raspberries, ½ c blueberries, 1c almond milk, 1 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp honey
8. Tropical breeze – ½ c pineapple, ½ c mango, 1c coconut milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut water instead of coconut milk and ¼ c coconut yogourt)
9. Orange creamsicle – 1/2 c coconut milk, 1/4 – 1/2 c coconut yogourt, 1 orange, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 c ice
10. Citrus burst – 1/2 c coconut milk, ½ grapefruit, ½ c pineapple, 1 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp honey, 1/4 c ice
I hope you enjoy these staple smoothies! 🙂
Please share if you know someone who would love these recipes. Thanks! 🙂
Have tried green smoothies? Do you have any healthy smoothie recipes you would like to share?
I wish you health and happiness,