*This post may contain affiliate links.
This list of healthy smoothie recipes includes ten staple smoothie recipes and a list of substitutions in case you don’t have certain ingredients on hand.
Image source: Pixabay
I love smoothies. I make a smoothie each morning. This list of healthy smoothie recipes includes 10 staple smoothie recipes, including one recipe for a green smoothie so you can finally get your feet wet! It tastes great and you can’t taste the greens at all, promise!
I felt lost recently when my blender had the biscuit. After searching for a new one, I finally decided on this one. I am very happy with it so far. It works well, it’s not too loud and it has a metal driver (important for durability). Plus, it gets 4.5 stars on Amazon out of 73 reviews.
Use frozen fruit and organic ingredients.
If you do not have certain ingredients, here are some substitutions you can try:
- ¼ – ½ coconut yogourt instead of banana if you like but usually I wouldn’t suggest adding both as it makes the smoothie too thick
- coconut milk instead of almond milk (or vice versa)
- unsweetened orange juice instead of coconut water
- ground chia seeds instead of flax (or use both)
- ¼ tsp of stevia instead of honey
- kale instead of spinach
- berries are interchangeable
- peanut butter instead of almond butter
- you can add greens to any of these
Healthy smoothie recipes
1. Hawaiian – 1 1/2 c pineapple, 1 c coconut water, 1/4 c coconut yogourt, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut milk instead of coconut water and omit the coconut yogourt)
2. Green heaven – 1 c pineapple, 1 c spinach (or kale), 1 c coconut water, 1 banana, 1/3 c coconut yogourt, 1 tbsp flax (or chia), 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut milk instead of coconut water and omit the coconut yogourt)
3. Almond butter swirl – 1/2 c almond milk, ¼ c natural almond butter, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, ¼ ice. *Add 1 tbsp of cocoa for a chocolate version.
4. Sweet strawberry – 1c strawberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
5. Raspberry delight – 1c raspberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey
6. Blueberry cream – 1 c blueberries, 1c almond milk, 1 banana, 1/4 c yogourt, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey
7. Triple berry – ½ c strawberries, ½ c raspberries, ½ c blueberries, 1c almond milk, 1 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp honey
8. Tropical breeze – ½ c pineapple, ½ c mango, 1c coconut milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey (or 1 c coconut water instead of coconut milk and ¼ c coconut yogourt)
9. Orange creamsicle – 1/2 c coconut milk, 1/4 – 1/2 c coconut yogourt, 1 orange, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 c ice
10. Citrus burst – 1/2 c coconut milk, ½ grapefruit, ½ c pineapple, 1 tbsp flax, 2 tbsp honey, 1/4 c ice
I hope you enjoy these staple smoothies.
Please share if you know someone who would love these recipes. Thanks! 🙂
Have tried green smoothies? Do you have any healthy smoothie recipes you would like to share?
Be happy, stay healthy! 🙂