*This post may contain affiliate links.
A delicious collection of healthy pizza crust recipes – grain-free, paleo, gluten-free and/or made with veggies. There is even one made with Greek yogourt!
Healthy pizza crust recipes
Updated: September 24, 2019
Looking for a healthy pizza crust recipe? Me too. Like some of you, I cannot tolerate (durum) wheat. I can tolerate sprouted wheat (which is much better for you and much easier to digest).
I bake with sprouted wheat all the time; in fact, that’s all I use. It’s a bit expensive but my body thanks me for it (I used to suffer with severe eczema).
Healthy pizza ingredients
Pizza crust is quite healthy really, unless you’re using white flour. White flour offers very little health benefits, if any. Furthermore, it can cause inflammation. Whole wheat flour is a better choice. As mentioned, sprouted wheat is even better.
Pizza toppings can be very healthy as well. You can load your pizza with all kinds of veggies (preferably organic). I’m drooling just thinking about it.
If you’re looking for healthier options. I’ve got you covered.
Last week, my cousin made a cauliflower pizza (pizza crust made with cauliflower). It looked yummy, and it reminded that I had recently bought a head of cauliflower for that very reason. I think it’s time I try it.
If you would like to try a healthy pizza crust recipe, here are a few I’ve collected for you (with 5 star ratings).
Paleo, gluten-free pizza crust
*Made with almond, coconut and tapioca flours*
- Paleo pizza crust by Paleo Running Momma (almond, coconut and tapioca flours)
Paleo running Momma
2. Paleo Pizza Crust by My Natural Family (almond, coconut and tapioca flours)
3. Paleo Pizza Crust by A Girl Worth Saving (almond flour, tapioca flour)
4. Paleo Pizza Recipe by Eat, Drink Paleo (coconut flour, tapioca flour)
Gluten free pizza crust
*Gluten free – made with veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato)*
5. Perfect cauliflower pizza crust by Detoxinista (cauliflower) – this recipe receives almost five stars out of a whopping 293 reviews!
6. Broccoli Crust Pizza by Gimme Delicious(broccoli)
7. Sweet Potato Crust by The Soccer Mom blog (sweet potato)
8. Zucchini Crust (zucchini)
9. Green Veggie Pizza Crust (kale, broccoli, zucchini and/or spinach)
The Endless Meal
10. Cauliflower Pizza Crust – vegan (cauliflower and spelt, oat or almond)
11. Cassava Flour Pizza Crust – paleo, gluten free (cassava flour)
12. Weight Watchers Pizza Dough (Greek yogourt) – this one is very simple and sounds interesting. I can’t wait to try it!
Crazy for Crust
Please share if you know someone who would love these recipes. Thanks! 🙂
Do you have a great recipe for a healthy pizza crust? Have you tried veggie pizza crusts? Share your comments below.
I wish you health and happiness,