The following is a list of popular essential oils and their health benefits. Essential oils offer a range of health benefits including natural healing abilities, providing natural ingredients for personal care and cleaning products and more.
There are many wonderful essential oils. This list is certainly not exhaustive but these essential oils are among the most popular. These essential oils are included in my DIY recipes. I think you’ll find these essential oils very useful.
I highly recommend Plant Therapy essential oils. Plant Therapy is my favorite brand of essential oils as they are organic and not too expensive. I do not recommend Aroma Force essential oils as the oils pour out instead of drip out.
Well.ca has weekly sales and you can get as much as 15-30% off (on selected items). Plus, shipping is free when you spend $35 at Well.ca, and at Amazon.
I provide links with the best price (from Amazon or Well.ca, both of which I order from often). It is up to you to decide what is most practical and convenient for you.
*This page may contain affiliate links.
Antiseptic – inhibits bacteria growth
Antimicrobial or anti-bacterial – kills bacteria
Anti-inflammatory – inhibits inflammation
Antioxidant – inhibits free radicals that damage cells
Anti-fungal – kills fungus
Astringent – cleans pores and reduces oiliness
Health Benefits and Uses
- Disinfectant, antiseptic, antidepressant/stimulant, antioxidant, anti-fungal
- Helps ease stress, depression, excellent in DIY cleaning recipes
- Antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, calming
- Can ease headaches, anxiety, stress, reduce inflammation, help with insomnia and heal cuts
- Antidepressant, astringent, calming, antibacterial (kills bacteria), anti-fungal (kills fungus), anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Can ease stress, depression, headaches, reduce inflammation, treat infections, treat acne
- Antioxidant, stimulant, disinfectant, high Vitamin C
- Ease indigestion, nourish the skin, great for cleaning
- Antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, high Vitamin C, calming
- Can ease stress, reduce inflammation, nourish the skin
- Antimicrobial, antiseptic, antioxidant, decongestant, anti-inflammatory, pain killer
- Can help ease respiratory conditions, reduce inflammation, reduce pain
- Pain killer, decongestant, antimicrobial
- Reduce pain, ease headaches/migraines, ease allergies, ease indigestion
- Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, antifungal
- Reduce inflammation, treat acne, heal wounds